Other Resources on Preventing Youth Alcohol and Tobacco Use
Reliable Information on Youth Alcohol and Tobacco Use
The U.S. Government has great information on preventing underage alcohol and tobacco use. Here are links for parents and young people themselves.
- Parenting to Prevent Childhood Alcohol Use is a comprehensive guide.
- The Office of Adolescent Health has tips on preventing teen alcohol use and tobacco use.
- The Real Cost aims to reduce the number of teens who try smoking and become lifelong tobacco users.”
- Smokefree Teens helps teens understand the decisions they make—especially the decision to quit smoking.
- StopAlcoholAbuse.gov includes resources on reducing underage alcohol use.
- Office on Smoking and Health has information about smoking and other forms of tobacco use.
- Be Tobacco Free is a resource about tobacco products, laws, health risks, and how to prevent and stop using tobacco.
- The National Institute on Drug Abuse has information on the health risks of tobacco use.